Tuesday 3 September 2013

Torn, K.A. Robinson



Chloe has never really wanted to be in a relationship after her abusive childhood. She has the two people that matter too her Logan and Amber, until Drake comes along and turns her life upside down.

Drake has the carefree life, he’s in a band and gets all the groupies, he is not the relationship type that is until Chloe walked into his class and everything changed.

I thought I would slowly work my way through the Tennessee Valley Author Event reading list starting from the top, being the Torn series. Halfway through reading Torn I realised I had already read it, yet reading it again I was still hooked even though I knew how it ended.

I enjoyed the love triangle drama that was included in this book, and I enjoyed watching the battle Chloe had to whether or not the love she felt for Logan was friendship or the real deal. However I found Chloe’s character quite irritating and agreed with everything Amber her best friend was saying to her. It got to the point where I was no longer routing for her, however I was routing for Drake to be with her as his character stole my heart.

Drake’s bad boy image, sarcastic and cocky personality made me love him, and I enjoyed seeing the other side of him when he was alone with Chloe or performing onstage, his lyrics always showed the reader how he was feeling. The sex scenes between Chloe and Drake in this book captivated me, the description and emotions were intense and you really felt the passion between the two characters. I enjoyed being able to compare the Chloe and Logan sex scenes with Chloe and Drakes as that’s where you can really tell who Chloe was really into. As Chloe described the sex with Logan as ‘nice’ I am sure the sex with Drake would be ‘mind blowing’.

I felt like Chloe’s back story played a big part in this book, because it explained why she is the way she is, and why she acts the way she does. Although you don’t really hear much about her back story just snippets here and there until she tells Drake the entire story and her mum calling doesn't really affect the story all that much, however does lead onto the next book.


I enjoyed this book and give it a 2.5 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment